Photo editing is the process of changing an image. Different types of tools and techniques are used in image editing. These various techniques are used to beautify an image. Photos have a great impact on business. By using different tools and techniques you can create awesome image effects.
Other terms which are used for photo editing are as follows.
- Image editing
- Image manipulation
Types of Photo Editing
An image can be edited in different ways, some of which are very easy and some of which are considered difficult. Due to these different methods, it is divided into three categories which are as follows.
- Simple Photo-editing techniques
- Complex Photo-editing Techniques
- Pixel and Parametric image editing
Simple Photo-editing techniques
Simple photo editing improves the condition of the photo by using basic techniques. In simple image editing, we mostly use the following techniques.
- Resize: If you want to adjust photo dimensions use resize.
- Cropping: remove unwanted parts of the image with the help of cropping.
- Sharpen: If you want to enhance the colour of an image then use sharpen.
- Exposure: If you want to improve the brightness of photos then use exposure.
- Straighten: if you want to adjust the horizon of the photo then use straighten.
- white balance: if you want to improve the colour of an image then use the white balance.
- Colour adjustment: if you want to change the colour of the image then use colour adjustment.
Complex Photo editing techniques
The following techniques are used in complex photoshopping.
- Clipping path: If you want to differentiate the part of an image then use the clipping path.
- Photo Stitching: if you want to adjust two images together then use the photo stitching technique.
- Portrait Corrections: If you want to enhance image colour and contrast then use portrait corrections.
- Image Masking: If you want to hide or reveal a specific portion of an image then use the image masking technique.
- Drop and Reflection Shadow: if you want to create and adjust the shadow of an object then use the drop and reflection technique.
Pixel and Parametric image editing
Pixel editing is used when you want to edit or alter the image at the pixel level. It is known as a destructive post-processing method because you cannot restore your original image. As you know image editing is done at the pixel level.
Image pixels do not change in parametric image editing. It is known as a non-destructive image editing method.
Importance of Photo Editing
Images are the main part of any business. They have a great impact on visual marketing. If you use high-quality and properly edited images they will enhance your business. Here is some importance of image editing.
- Images are the backbone of any business.
- They help the business grow.
- They increase your sales.
- They help to build trust with customers.
Are you looking for a photo editing service? Pro Retouching Studio provides quality photoshopping services. Contact us at email@example.com for further details.